Because Learning helps students and educators learn STEM through exciting, hands-on lessons. Our experiments and hardware kits give aspiring scientists real-world experience measuring and analyzing data, helping them learn how science, technology, engineering, and math work in the world around us. Our mission? To inspire students to pursue STEM careers and develop critical 21st century skills.
- 2014: Launched as Ardusat, our company gave students the ability to collect data from anywhere in the world via cubesats through our partner, Spire Global. Students loved working with real space data from satellites. Educators loved how we helped them bring STEM to life in the classroom.
- 2015: Ardusat raised a $1M seed round of funding to fuel product development and sales growth.
- 2016: We released eHub, an online learning platform to bring even more STEM experiences to students. With over 100 experiments available to students and educators, eHub quickly grew to be used in over 30 countries and in hundreds of schools across the world.
- 2017: Seeing an opportunity to inspire even more students beyond our space program, we rebranded the company to Because Learning. Because Learning provides sensor kits and online lessons for parents, students, and educators that incorporate science, engineering, coding, and math in addition to the Ardusat Space Program that lets students gather their own space data. Our overall mission remains the same: to bring hands-on STEM education to the next generation and inspire as many students as possible.
- 2021: DreamUp acquires Because Learning, adding it to its offerings that engage students with STEM and space education.
Our mission is to provide learning experiences so the next generation can solve tomorrow’s problems. Join us and give your children a head start advantage developing these critical skills through real-world exploration!
What Parents & Teachers Say
“The big eye-opener for me is how kids just gravitate to these kits. Reading about science and technology and computer science isn’t going to get our kids where they need to be in our tech economy. … Implementing fun and engaging hands-on learning is the key.”
– Kevin Reeve, co-founder of Logan’s Cache Makers, a STEM learning club for middle and high school students.
“We feel like the kits are helping us in laying the groundwork for that shift when it (new state STEAM standards) happens. Our favorite part about the partnership is everything they do is very exploratory in nature and there are a lot of touch points to connect to math and science.”
– Jeff Baugus, Science and Math Coordinator, Santa Rosa County Public Schools
“We really appreciate working with Because Learning because of their responsiveness to our questions, concerns, and ideas. They are proactive in improving and innovating their products and services, which has been a great benefit to us and our students. The materials are engaging and empowering to work with, and can be used in many contexts and applications.”
– John Howarth and Tim Hurt, Curriculum Developers with SEPUP at UC Berkeley”